Several diversity equity workshops, focused on addressing issues relevant to particular under-represented groups, were held prior to the NDEWs, and links to their summarative reports are available below. In addition, we provide links to several other related workshops that have been brought to our attention. Please contact us if you additional links for us to list here.
Past Workshops related to the OXIDE effort & supported by NSF/DOE/NIH:
- Disability Equity: Workshop on Excellence Empowered by a Diverse Workforce, February 2009 (Local copy)
- Race & Ethnic Equity: Workshop on Excellence Empowered by a Diverse Academic Workforce: Achieving Racial & Ethnic Equity in Chemistry, September 24-26, 2007 (Local copy)
- Gender Equity: Workshop on Building Strong Academic Chemistry Departments Through Gender Equity, January 29-31, 2006 (Local copy)
American Chemical Society workshops on increasing participation:
- Workshop on HBCUs and African American-Serving Institutions, November 13-14, 2004 (Local copy)
- Workshop on Increasing Participation of Native American Undergraduate Students in Chemistry, September 13-14, 2008 (Local copy)
- Workshop on Increasing Participation of Hispanic Undergraduate Students in Chemistry, November 14-16, 2008 (Local copy)
Selected workshops from other disciplines.
- Gender Equity in Materials Science and Engineering, May 18-20, 2008 (Report and Local copy)
- Gender Equity Conference: Strengthening the Physics Enterprises in Universities and National Laboratories, May 6, 2007 (Report and Local copy)