NDEW 2011 was held on January 24-26, 2011 at the Westin, Arlington, VA. It was sponsored directly by a planning grant from the NSF and DOE. It was the first of the NDEWs bringing together the Chairs from the leading research-active chemistry departments in the US to discuss barriers and solutions to diversity inequities in growing and maintaining the faculties.
Workshop Presentations (& Downloads):
- Keynote & Introductions: Ervin, Hernandez
- Session I—Contributing Factors: Sekaquaptewa, Smyth, Valian (Oral only)
- Session II—Interventions: Dobbin, Stockard, Burgstahler
- Session III—Previous Workshops: Houk, Warner, Booksh, Wagner
- After-Dinner Presentation: Hammond
- Session IV—Demographics & Assessment: Nelson, Kaler, Stockard, Swager
NDEW 2011 Logistics:
Thanks to the sponsoring agencies: DOE, NSF, and NIH.